Terms of Service
Our terms of service can be summed up very simply: Don't be an asshole and don't be evil. TwitLens is a free media sharing service and by using our wonderful service you agree and are bound by TwitLens terms of service and our mood swings. We may modify these terms from time to time, for mostly practical and legal reasons. We may or may not inform you of these changes.
1. TwitLens provides for the hosting and publishing of user submitted content.
2. Regarding your content submissions, you agree that you will NOT submit any content or post any comments that:
A. are adult oriented or offensive;
B. infringes any trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
C. are unlawful, harmful, abusive, or defamatory;
D. are to be used in unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or spam; and/or
E. are illegal or in violation of any United States laws.
3. Regarding your content submissions, you affirm that:
A. you have the necessary licenses, rights, and permissions to use your content submission in the manner intended by TwitLens and these Terms of Service;
B. you have the written consent and release of each identifiable person in your content submission to use their name or likeness to enable the use of your content submission in the manner intended by TwitLens and these Terms of Service.
4. You retain all of your ownership rights to your content submissions. You grant permission for the owners of TwitLens to use and publish your content submissions in any media formats and through any media channels we see fit. You grant each user of TwitLens a non-exclusive license to access and share your content submissions as permitted under these Terms of Service for as long as such content is hosted by TwitLens.
A. TwitLens reserves the right to remove user submitted content without prior notice and for any reason, including excessive bandwidth use age.
B. While the administrators of TwitLens will attempt to remove objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review all comments and submitted material. Therefore, you acknowledge that all content expresses the views and opinions of the user and not TwitLens and hence TwitLens will not be held liable.
7. TwitLens reserves the right to block users or websites from accessing TwitLens without prior notice and for any reason.
8. You affirm that you are at least 13 years of age or possess legal parental consent to enter into and comply with these Terms of Service.
9. You will not copy or distribute any part of TwitLens in any medium without our prior authorization.
10. You agree that the use of TwitLens services is entirely at your own risk. The services offered by TwitLens are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind. TwitLens makes no guarantee of availability of service.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold TwitLens harmless from any liability, claims, damages and expenses, including attorneys fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of TwitLens.
12. These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California. Any and all claims arising from, relating to, or concerning TwitLens shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in San Diego County, California.
13. Your continued use of TwitLens constitutes your agreement to these Terms of Service and any future revisions.
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Contributions") to TwitLens through its suggestion or feedback webpages, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) TwitLens is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) TwitLens shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) TwitLens may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) your Contributions automatically become the property of TwitLens without any obligation of TwitLens to you; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from TwitLens under any circumstances.
TwitLens reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the TwitLens (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that TwitLens shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the TwitLens (or any part thereof).
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the TwitLens, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that TwitLens shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the TwitLens.
Please report any content that violates our terms and conditions at firstname.lastname@example.org
TwitLens respects your privacy. Please read the following to learn more about our policies.
Information We Collect
TwitLens collects and stores the personal information (such as your Twitter username, but not your Twitter password) that you provide when logging into your Twitter account. TwitLens uses Twitter's OAuth, therefore is not liable for any password theft. The creation of an account is required to use various features of this website, including the posting of comments.
You must be 13 years or older to use TwitLens account. TwitLens does not knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
Our log files automatically record certain non-personal information from your browser including your IP address, the pages you access, and the referring URL. When you submit content or create an account, we may also store this information in a database used only by us.
How We Use This Information
TwitLens will not sell your personal information to third parties. We will only share your information if required by law, to apply our Terms of Service, to protect our rights and property, or if TwitLens is acquired by a third party.
We will not use your personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your prior consent. We may use your information in order to contact you regarding TwitLens functionality and other customer service purposes.
Any personal information that you voluntarily disclose via your public profile, content submissions, or posts to the discussion areas become available to the public.
TwitLens Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Last updated May 13, 2009